Let me start out by saying that there are waaaay more than 5 things to look forward to at Pride! Last year, I put together a list of as many events as I could find, but this year, the Victoria Pride Society has done that work: check out their events page for a comprehensive list of Pride events in the city!
Other pages to watch for queer events this Pride season (and beyond) are:
- Any of these LGBTQ+ Meetup groups
- Queer News: Victoria and Vancouver Island
- Queer Outdoors – Victoria and Vancouver Island; Queer Climbers of Victoria, BC
- SNAQCS (Cycloadventure Pals)
- Staches and Lashes Collective Events
- Queer Quills Writing Group
These websites have lists and maps of public all-gender/gender neutral washrooms, with accessibility information: guide to public toilets in downtown Victoria; thrones for everyone (Tourism Victoria). I’ll do my best to include any additional accessibility info I can find.
Anyway, scroll those lists and pages for drag, workshops and panels, youth events, nights out, alt pride, outdoor events, and more. Here are the events I’m most looking forward to this year (warning: a few more than 5 may find their way in)!Continue reading “5 Things to Look Forward to at Victoria Pride 2019”